Now Hiring: Web Developer
UPDATE: 12/06/11: Thanks for your responses. The position has been filled.
LogicBrush Studios, Ltd., a small graphic design and software development firm located in Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, is seeking to hire our first full-time Web Developer to assist in the development of various websites and web-based applications for the company's ever-growing list of clients. Our work is primarily in the development of CMS-powered websites, with an eye toward projects that require complex business logic and/or unique user experiences. The Web Developer will participate in all phases of the software process, from requirements discovery, design, development through deployment and operation--although tasks will be primarily programming-related. We're small, so expect to get your hands dirty with a little bit of everything!
This is a three-month, contract-to-hire position--seriously, we really are looking for a long term arrangement. Work will primarily be from home, with periodic face-to-face meetings around the Montgomeryville area (until we do eventually get that office space we're working toward). Compensation will be $40/hr or greater, depending on experience. Please tell us what rate you deserve; we'll gladly pay more for the right individual.
Please send inquiries to [email protected].
- Define, build, verify and document a wide variety of web-based solutions, using all manner of web platforms and technologies.
- Collaborate with ownership to estimate development tasks and define release schedules.
- Generally get stuff done.
- 3+ years web development experience
- Experience with object-oriented PHP or something similar
- Experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Familiarity with *NIX-style operating systems
- Must be local to the greater Philadelphia region
Add'l Desired Qualifications
- Experience with SilverStripe, Wordpress, Joomla or other PHP content management systems
- An affinity for design; familiarity with Illustrator, Photoshop and other elements of the Adobe Creative Suite
- A BS or greater in the field of computer science or electrical engineering
- An interest in building, running and growing a software development business